Lourdes High School, founded in 1930, is a co-educational English Medium High School attached to Our Lady of Lourdes Church,Kalyan. The School is established and administered by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Bombay and is under the religious jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Bombay. The School is recognised and affiliated to the State Board of Education, of the Government of Maharashtra.
The School aims at the education primarily of the Catholic community around, and to the extent possible of the members of all other communities.
In the spirit of true education wherein all faculties-physical, intellectual, emotional, social, spiritual and moral-must receive their due attention. The school strives to impart a sound liberal education aimed at the development and full flowering of total personality of the child. Hence education is directed towards the training of pupils intellectual, moral, spiritual, emotional, physical, aesthetic endowments, and such cultural attainments as are suited to the training of youth. We sincerely hope that through the circular and co-circular activities our students acquire vigour, ability, and grace, their minds gain in knowledge, and wisdom, and their souls purity, and charity of God.
In Our School, we take pride in the following traditions :
- To ensure all round development of the child.
- To do the best in everything one does.
- To be friendly with one another in and out of school.
- To avoid vulgarity in our talk and behaviour.
- To accept whatever work that is assigned to us as our rightful share.
- To offer help to any unattended visitors whom we happen to meet in the school premises.
- To rise when any priest, teacher or visitor enters the room.
- To be courteous to others and to nurse a sportsman spirit with opposite teams and officials.
- To respect liberty and rights of others.
- To respect the beauty of the school premises and to report any damage which may be observed.
- To avoid littering in the school premises and to pick up any such paper dropped by others.
- To learn and observe good manners at table and in all places.